Monday, August 6, 2012

Just breathe


I feel like I am on the edge of something positive and big in my life. Tomorrow  I have an interview  at the Missouri State Public Defender’s Office tomorrow and I am really nervous.  

A dream of mine is coming to life. I knew that I would eventually get to this point, these were thoughts that I put out in the universe many years ago. I wanted to be an attorney. I worked hard, went to school for years, studied countless hours and took numerous exams. Hopefully soon I will be able to say that I am a public defender. It's insane. Truly crazy.

I know that public defender’s don’t make that much money but it’s a real job as an attorney. It will help me gain some real world experience. I did as many internships and externships as I could but that is no substitute for experience with a real job.

I feel like all of the days, months and years of hard work were leading up to this point.  I know that this is just the interview. I might not get the job but that I was called in for an interview is surreal. I have sent many resumes out into the world and have heard back from a sad few of them. Those I did hear from were rejection letters. Just having this interview makes me feel like I am on the right path and moving forward. I will keep you posted about the interview when I find out more.

Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! You deserve this interview and I think you will do very, very well!!! Congrats on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely going to get something soon!

    ReplyDelete