Friday, August 3, 2012

It's so hard to say goodbye...


I know this is off topic but one thing I will share with my readers the Thursday before the bar exam my uncle died in a tragic accident. That weighed heavily on my mind. Though I wanted to attend his service I was not able to due to the exam. I know that my uncle would have wanted to me to take the bar and in fact the whole family encouraged me rather than attend his funeral. A part of me can’t help but feel a little guilty that I was not there. Also I was not able to say goodbye. Though in recent years my uncle and I had not been close due to distance we were when I was younger. I will always remember feeling like a giant when he would give me piggy-back rides. (My uncle was 6'7").

I think I was in shock while I took the exam, which is probably for the best. Now it’s all over, it hit me today that my uncle is really gone. It’s always hard to lose someone close to you. This would be the third person who was close to me that has passed away since I started law school. My first year, a dear friend and basically a surrogate younger brother Mike died of leukemia and complications stemming from it. The second year of law school my grandmother died. The end of my third year, just before the bar, my uncle died. 

I would not be the person I am today or be where I am in life without the love and support of them. I feel very lucky to have had those people in my life and I am saddened that they are gone. You never know what will happen in life.  I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, though we might not always know why. I dedicate this blog to Mike, Grandma and Uncle Jim. Thank you for your love and support. I wish we could have had more time. I was not able to find a picture of Mike on my new laptop. (have not transferred the contents of my drive over from the last laptop). Here are pictures of Grandma and Uncle Jim.

This song is dedicated to Mike, Grandma and Uncle Jim. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T35WXFOmwI


 

No comments:

Post a Comment