Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bar is over...

So the bar exam is over. For better or worse the die are cast. I wish I could say I feel like I did well. I would be lying if I did. But that is ok. Even if I failed it is not the end of the world. I will pick myself up dust myself off and take it again in February. (though I really hope I don't have to do that). Right now I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best. That way if I failed it won't be quite as much of a shock. (If I am being honest though I will probably cry). One thing I have learned in life is things don't work out exactly as you planned but that does not mean it is a bad thing.

The schedule studying for the bar was killing me. I was not able to keep up with it and blog too. Especially since I was home visiting. I felt bad I was not able to visit with my friends and family more while I was in town. I am not sure when I will be able to fly back again. I am hoping to have a real, grown-up job in the not too distant future. Jobs always complicate things. lol

On the plus-side, the bar is over. I am re-united with Pugsley. He was so excited when I got to my brother's house (where Pugsley has been staying while I was in Seattle). He jumped into my arms. That is quite a feat for a little pug. He would not let me out of his sight when I first got home. Now I am spending time with my brother's family, helping re-organize their house and apply for jobs. What I am not doing is thinking about how I will have to wait until September 18 to find out if I passed the bar.

Today, I worked out for 45 minutes. That is a lot considering how stationary I have been while studying for the bar. One plus to staying at my brother's house is he has an elliptical machine I can use. ultimately I would like to be able to run a 5k. Right now I am far too out of shape to be able to do that. So I am starting by trying to workout on the elliptical everyday until I get into a bit better shape, then will start running outside. I will have to run in the morning or at night. I just cant handle the triple digit heat.

After my workout I went to the local library to get a library card and checkout a book. When I was younger my step-dad would take my younger brother and I to the library every weekend. When we were really young it was to go to story time. As we got older, we continued the tradition as part of family time and he wanted to encourage us to read. Today was the first time in a long time that I have gone to the library just for fun. Since I restarted school in 2007 to get my bachelor's degree I have always gone to the library to study or work on some project I was assigned for a class. It was never to just enjoy the books. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed being at the library. (I know I am a total nerd. I am ok with that. :) ) I spent a few hours at the library looking through books and reading periodicals. It feels good to have a life again lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment