Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I am back!

Sorry I have not updated in a long time. I was not able to for quite awhile because I had no internet at home. Though there is a library in town that provides free wifi, it keeps very limited hours. So I was only able to get there on Saturdays because I always worked too late during week days. Even on Saturday the library was only open for a couple hours. I am amazed how much my email piled up only checking it once a week.

For those that might be wondering why I did not check my email or use my phone for internet, it's because my cell phone got absolutely no reception here. This part of Missouri is a complete dead zone. I bought a cheap prepaid cell so I would be able to make and receive calls but it did not have internet access.

I was without internet at home for a month. I swear I was having withdrawals. Lol. The reason it was a month is because I receive my paychecks on a two week delay. They have to be processed through the main office before they are distributed to the employees. I had a good friend volunteer to put down the deposit for the internet for me but I was trying to avoid owing more people money. My first check was only a partial check so I ended up taking my friend up on the offer. Which I am very very thankful for. She is my hero.

Honestly, I know it sounds like I am complaining but I am really am happy with my situation. I found a cute little house to rent that is really close to my office. Everyone I work with has been very nice and welcoming.

Everyone loves my dog here. I still have people stop me on the street while I am walking him to say he is fabulous. Pugsley is liking it here as well. I was concerned how he would adjust. He has never liked moving. Pugsley surprised me and settled right in. There is a little min pin next door named Diesel that Pugsley loves to play with.

I am still adjusting to work. My schedule is crazy this month. This is really due to the last attorney set up my schedule for me. Once I get past June the craziness will pass and I will get my schedule back to normal.

I feel so fortunate to have this job. I cannot even tell you how excited I was to get my first paycheck. Granted it was only a partial paycheck and was pretty much spent before I got it, still an improvement over the last year. There is a great sense of self satisfaction for getting a paycheck and being able to pay my bills with it. There is a long list of things I need to buy like a lawnmower but I know things are going to keep getting better. Now that I have internet I will do my best to update more often and let you know what is happening in my world


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back on-line. I don't have enough energy to blog... but I have enough energy to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete