Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Getting Organized

I am settling in to my new life here. I am really liking the house I am renting. It will be even better once I have enough furniture to fill it. (For those that are wondering: I need a dining room table, more book shelves, a bed for the spare room and a pantry cupboard). Not to mention I need to work on storage solutions for my bathroom. One thing I will say is my old bathroom was larger and had way more storage. Not that the bathroom in my house is so bad. It is just going to take some creativity to eliminate the clutter problem. Not to mention money.

Don't get me wrong I am getting paid (Finally!) but after coming off of a year of unemployment there are a lot of bills I am playing catch up on. I am getting there though. It will just take some time to get caught up. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to do so. I am still amazed how different my life is now compared to two months ago. Today I received my official business cards. How cool is that?? :) I feel all official now.

There are so many projects that I want to do around the house and in my office it is hard to know where to begin. I say that but honestly I will probably start by weeding and planting my flower beds in front of my house. My neighbors all keep their yards very nice and my yard is  bit of an eyesore. So much so my neighbor has been mowing my lawn for me. I don't own a lawn mower yet. When I rip out my garden and replant it I will post before and after pictures.

Closer to the topic that my blog is supposed to be about, I joined weight watchers. That is part of why I need to get things organized. I have a friend that has used that program to lose weight. Very successfully I might add. She said what is most important is to plan ahead. Though the program does allow you to still live your life and eat out, your life is much easier if you plan your home menu ahead of time and prepare your food in advance for nights you are not likely to cook. This week I am not doing so much with weight watchers except putting together my meal plans and shopping list.

I don't think this will be easy but I also know I can do it. I have been through a lot in life and overcome many obstacles. I was able to quit smoking 5 years ago and never started again. I completed law school and passed the bar. I rode the wave that is the crappy job market. And many other things I will not get into right now. I have come out a better person because of these challenges. This will be the same. With dedication, hard work and let's not lie lots of frustration I will come out on top. I have never set a long term goal I have not achieved, though some took much longer than originally planned.

When my meal plan is complete I will post it online and share my joys and challenges with you. I am going to take you on this journey with me. Partly to hold myself accountable and partly because I hope that my challenges and the lessons learned from them will help someone. Even if all it does is make someone feel not so alone then my goal is achieved.

Well that is all for now. I hope this was not too all over the place for you. Guess I am a little scattered today.

5 comments:

  1. I can't read the cursivvvvvvvvve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Now I will be on the lookout for furniture for you. And when I come visit I will bring my own sleeping stuff! LOL. I have a twin bed for when you come here- we have got to do that soon (visit)! Love that life is going well-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be coming down on the 5th. My family wants me to visit for the holiday but I have to work on Friday so I will be coming down after work. We should at least get dinner or something.

      Delete