Friday, April 19, 2013

Huzzah!!!!

Okay. I know I have been completely horrible and have not updated in... a very long time. I am going to try to be better about it. I am not going to make any promises though because my life is about to completely change. Not that I am complaining about that mind you. Actually it's about damn time it happened. I have felt like I have been stagnant for so long. When you get in such a rut it is hard not to lose hope. I was really beginning to feel like what was the point of continuing to submit resumes and apply for jobs when the majority of the jobs you apply to never respond.

I especially started to lose hope when I received a job offer but the pay was so ridiculously low I would have made more money making burgers at a fast food restaurant. I was very excited when I first got the offer thinking that the end of the tunnel was in sight. I made the assumption they would negotiate on the salary. I know, silly me. Needless to say they would not budge so I had to walk away from the offer. I was so happy when they first extended the offer then very down after I had to turn it down. Part of me could not help wondering if I had made a giant mistake. After all I have been out of school for almost a year at this point and other than my volunteer position with a local organization I have been unemployed the entire time. You can't help but feel like no one ever is going to hire you.

Over the last year I have interviewed for every position with the Public Defender's Office that was available. That was a lot of interviews. During this last week I went interviewed with 3 different offices, though part of me felt like what is the point, they are just going to turn me down. Two of the interviews I felt good about. The last one I did not have good feelings about. He expressed a concern about my ability to adjust to a very rural setting. I was surprised to find out the next day the office I last interviewed with was calling my references. I dared to have hope that I have not allowed myself to have in quite awhile.

Today was the day. I was extended a job offer with the Public Defender Office!!!!!!! I honestly do not have words to tell you how excited I am. I accepted the offer right away. The ironic thing is the offices I felt the interviews went well with decided to hire someone else. The interview I walked out of thinking I was going to get a rejection letter from is the one that wants me. Shows what I know. lol

I can't believe I really, really have a job now. It's almost surreal. To those still job hunting, don't lose hope. Keep trying! You never know when you will find the job for you. Being tenacious goes a long way.

Now I am looking for a place to live in a very rural area. That is going to be easier said than done but I feel like my life is finally getting on track. I am setting up appointments to go look at rentals an one house that is in foreclosure in the area. I will keep you posted as things develop. It is going to be a crazy couple of weeks. I need to find a place to live, pack my stuff here, get the rest of my belongings out of storage and move one state north. My new boss would like me to start on the first. I am going to do my best but not sure if I can make that happen. If not I will be starting on the sixth.

Thank you to all my friends and family for putting up with me this last year. I know I have not always been the easiest to deal with. Love you.

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't be happier for you. Now you will have to be the Twinkie Defender... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry about the delayed reaction lol

      Delete