Thursday, June 6, 2013

Feeling spoiled!

Today was a long day. I spent most of the day in court though I really only had a couple clients on the docket and both were set for the morning. Originally I was planning to be back at my office after lunch but then one client was moved to the afternoon docket. So to make a long story short I didn't get back to my office until almost 4. I did get to leave the office early though.

After I got home I hooked my Wii up to my new Wi-Fi. I can stream Netflix now. I am feeling so spoiled right now. :) I use to have it set up at my old apartment while I was in school. I never bothered when I was at my brother's house. I didn't think I would be there long enough to justify taking the time. Little did I know. Lol. Now that I am settling into my new place and getting back some of the things I enjoyed I feel so lucky.

One project I am going to have to tackle soon is gardening. Part of my lease is I have to maintain the lawn and the garden. Right now it's a bit....what is the best word...free-range. I don't have a lawn mower so the grass is a bit tall. Not as tall as it could be though. One of my neighbors was super nice and mowed my lawn. I have flower beds in the front yard which are more weed beds at the moment. Drawback to moving from an apartment to a house is you don't have the equipment to care for your yard.

I am looking forward to the gardening project but I am having a hard time deciding what kind of flowers to plant. I want colorful flowers but I live in a high heat area. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on flowers just to have them wilt and die. I am totally open to suggestions if anyone has ideas for what flowers would be good in high heat.

This weekend is the town-wide garage sale. Once a year here almost everyone in town has a garage sale on the same weekend. I have never been to a garage sale like this. I am hoping maybe I can find some gardening tools or cute things for my house cheap. We will see. Even it I don't find anything I want to buy it still sounds like fun. Well that is all for now. Aren't you proud of me. I updated two whole days in a row :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree on the lawn stuff. I miss my apartment with all the storage and none of the upkeep. I mowed this lawn once last week and dammit- it needs mowed again. Every day I have cursed the grass and told it not to grow. Does it listen? NO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yard work is evil... a never ending cycle. I will get use to it one day. At least I hope lol

      Delete