Sunday, July 14, 2013

Changes

Lately, I have been making some changes in my life. Some far over due. I have had a person in my life that really has not added anything to it. Actually if I am being honest, they have really only been a negative. I made the decision to no longer have that person in my life. To say they didn't take it quietly would be an understatement. I tried to be nice about it at first. That didn't work. Next I moved on to being very blunt. When that didn't work I severed all ties de-friended on Facebook, added their number to my phone reject list and set my email to bounce everything they send to spam. I wish it had not come to that point but I feel good about my decision. Now I feel like I can move forward with my life. I sincerely hope that person does the same.

This week I am trying something new for my lunches. On most days I come home from work during my lunch hour. (One of the bonuses of living close to the office) I have been bad about planning ahead for my lunches so I usually end up having a sandwich or a can of soup. I saw something on Pinterest and decided to try it out: Mason jar salads. I bought some wide-mouth mason jars today and prepped 4 different types of salad. I have not tried them yet. I will let you know how they worked out.

I continued with my habit of prepping some dinners in advance for the week. This week I made Spinach lasagna rolls. Which turned out AWESOME! I included the recipe below. I did make a couple changes though. I used fresh spinach and boiled it rather than using frozen (I had fresh on hand I needed to use) and I also used a bottle of my favorite spaghetti sauce instead of plain tomato sauce. In the terms of difficulty, this was an easy recipe. The hardest part is filling noodles and rolling. And really that was not bad. I served this with a nice side salad and sprinkled some crushed red peppers on top of the roll before serving. I hope people enjoy this recipe as much as I did.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Servings: 9 Serving Size: 1 roll Points+: 6 ww pts
Calories: 224.9 • Fat: 5.1 g Fiber: 3.4 g Protein: 13.0 g Carbs: 31.5

Ingredients:

  • 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
  • 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
  • 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 32 oz tomato sauce
  • 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.bahhumpug.com/2012/04/pug-alphabet-z.html?m=1

    You simply must go look at this blog about the pug alphabet- has nothing to do with good recipes- but it is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete