Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekend :)


I LOVE the weekend! At the end of a long week it’s so nice to be able to leave campus and know I don’t have to return for a couple days. So last night was Barrister’s Ball a.k.a. law school prom (yes, law school has prom…stop giggling). I had a great time with my friends.

After I got home from prom I was laying on my couch exhausted (partly because I got up at 6 that morning spent most of the day at school and then the evening at prom) because my friends I spent most our time there dancing (btw the D.J. was awesome). As I lay on my couch feel good but exhausted and knowing my legs will be sore the next day from all the dancing, I decided to look up what calories I burned dancing. According to dietwatch a person my size (well if I am honest a person who weighs almost 50 pounds less than me) burns 1,144 calories with 2 hours of dancing. I ate pretty well during the day. In the interest of honesty I will admit there was a lot of munching on chex mix at prom. All in all I consider the day a success.

The plans for today: a craw fish boil thrown by the school. This will be the second time I have had craw fish. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. There is a lot of delicious seafood there but no craw fish. The craw fish was delicious when I first tried it…wow was it really 2 years ago. So I am sure I will enjoy it this time.
 
So far this is turning out to be a great weekend so I decided to write about non food related things that make me feel good. So here is my list of delights:

Manicure/pedicure
Getting my hair done
Bubble bath
Playing with my pug (Lord Pugsley Von Scruffington III, Pugsley for short)
Taking a hot shower
Watching a good movie
Drinking a good cup of coffee
Going for a night out with the girls
Going dancing
Going on a picnic
Going to an art show
Random acts of kindness
Flowers
Listening to music
Reading a good book in front of a fire
Creating a personal and beautiful space
Going to the movies
Playing board games with loved ones
Having a glass of wine
New clothes

I make this list as part of my goal in changing habits. When I get stressed studying for, or even thinking about, the bar exam I will turn to one of these things rather than to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment