Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Little About me

I guess I will start off by telling you a little about myself.  I'm in the place right before a new chapter of my life is about to unfold. I graduate law school in about a month, I will be taking the bar exam in July and am now hunting for a job at the end of the rainbow. I am in the exciting, scary, gray area when something fantastic is about to unfold, but part of me is terrified I am going to fall flat on my face.

I really began to put on weight when I quit smoking and went back to school. I have officially been a non-smoker for over 4 years now and as I said before I am about to graduate law school. It is time for a new set of goals to go with the new chapter of my life.

I believe in putting thoughts/dreams and goals into writing. (I am a list maker). I've been writing this goal every year since I was in my mid/late 20's. I know I didn't put on this weight over night and it will take sincere effort on my part to take it off. I also know that the bar exam of any state is nothing to scoff at. In fact, is the night terror that has many a law student waking up in a cold sweat. I have had many experiences that  lead me to where I am today and I know I can complete any goal I set my mind to. With effort I'm slowly going to get to a better place emotionally and physically. I will not always weigh close to 300 pounds.

Though I put these thoughts out in the universe, I know I am leading myself down this path. One day, through my hard work I will wake up at a weight that is comfortable and healthy for my body. I know there will be a day when I step on a plane without anxiety of fitting in the seat or a day when I can be adventurous without worry of my weight. I know that when the scores are released for the July bar exam I will have passed.

How will I make this happen? Balance. Knowing I can make the right choices, not over indulge and still enjoy myself. I will find the balance between good for you food and tasty. I will find a balance between studying for the bar exam and fun. No more of that "tomorrow I will be better" stuff. I am in control of my life and my future.

So is there power in knowing? I can't say for sure, but one day my next chapter will be that of an attorney who lost 130 pounds. I don't just believe it, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment