Saturday, November 23, 2013

You would be so proud of me

So I bought  bridesmaid dress for a friend's wedding coming up in January. When I bought the dress it did not quite zip up all the way. Now I can get it zipped up! Yay!! I am not going to lie, it is still tight but getting it zipped is good progress. I still have until towards the end of January to work on the tightness. I think I will be able to make it. :)

I  joined the local gym in town online while I was home in Seattle. Today was the first day I went. I tried to go once before but my GPS got me lost. (Ok, go ahead and laugh. Yes I got lost in my tiny town. Having a negative sense of directions sucks!) But anyways, so I went to the gym today and I worked out for the first time in far too long. It felt good. I took it slow today. I don't want to push too much and do more damage than good. I want to lose weight the right way and not push too hard too fast. I did not put the weight on over night and neither will I lose it.

While I was at the gym I spoke with a personal trainer. He is going to tailor a workout for me. First he asked what my goal was. I said I would like to get healthier and lose some weight. This led to the obvious question of how much am I trying to lose. He seemed pretty surprised when i said I don't have an exact weight loss goal. I guess that is usual. I just feel more comfortable that way. Especially since muscle weighs more than fat. I know right now as I workout I will drop weight but eventually I will hit the point that I will gain weight because I am putting on muscle.

Overall, the gym was nice. Granted it does not have some amenities that would be awesome, like a pool. That is ok though. I am going to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to start with. I will probably set it up down the road but this is a good start.

Next I am going to finally get myself into the doctor for a check-up and have my thyroid functioning checked. I have always functioned on the very low side of normal. I was supposed to have my thyroid tested annually. I was not able to thought due to that being an expensive test and I was uninsured. I have insurance through work not (YAY!!!) I feel like I am finally getting everything on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment