Friday, November 15, 2013

It's good to be home!

I flew home to Seattle for a visit. And as the title said it's good to be home! When I m gone it is easy to forget how much I miss it here. Ok, yes, there are things I will never ever miss. Like gridlock traffic but there are enough awesome things that outweigh it. Like having mountains, ocean, rivers and lakes just a hop away. I love the water! It has been awesome being able to see all my friends and loved ones again. (This is the first time I have been home in about 2 years). Touching base with my roots has been good for my soul. (Honestly I am not looking forward to how buried my desk will be when I get back but this trip was worth all the catch up I will have to do).

I came home because two different sets of friends were getting married within 10 days of each other. (Made for a great excuse to take a vacation. Tee Hee!). The first wedding was steampunk theme. And was fabulous! Out of all the weddings I have been to, I enjoyed this one the most. It was obvious they spent quite a bit of money on the wedding. In my experience, expensive weddings end up being very pretentious. You can tell they are trying to impress people. That was not the case here. The food was good, old comfort foods. Appetizers were tiny cups of tomato basil soup with grilled cheese sandwich triangles. Dinner was small plates with lots of courses. We had truffled macaroni and cheese, asparagus and crab cake, and meatloaf with shoestring fried onions and mashed potatoes. The music was awesome! I danced and danced. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. I hope if I ever get married that my wedding is like that.

I also went to the bachelorette party for the second wedding. It was a ton of fun. We started out by having a pole dancing lesson. The lesson was great. I will say this though, how much fun you have with it would depend a lot on the group you are with. It is easy to feel completely awkward and clumsy while pole dancing. Especially if you have never done it before. I am sure that is how I looked but luckily I was with a great group of girls so I was not the least bit embarrassed when I flubbed.

The second wedding is coming up on Sunday and then I have to fly back to Missouri. Sigh, back to reality. I did finally join the gym in town and looking forward to beginning to workout. Overall, I am down 20 pounds within minimal exercising. I did fall off the wagon for a bit around my birthday but got right back on. I have not eaten the best on this trip but I have been very good about exercising to counteract some of the calories. Hopefully I have not gotten too off track with this trip.I have been noticing a difference in how I feel based on what I eat or how much. If I eat too much food in general or too many sweets I fell very blah. That helps as a motivator to eat better things. It is still a struggle though. I think I am getting better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment