Thursday, January 3, 2013

OMG a bear!



Yesterday I volunteered at Legal aid. I spent the whole dya helping organize files and writing closing letters to clients. The office is feeling the crunch at the end of the year to get files closed.  I wish I could get some money for it but I am so grateful to have the opportunity to keep practicing law even though I am not working right now. It helps keep my resume fresh and gain more experience. 

Honestly, I thought I would have a job by now but I do not despair. I know that if I keep at it I will find a job. Lord knows I have gone on a lot of interviews. One thing I know for certain is my lack of experience is working against me. Legal Aid will help me rectify this.

I am keeping my eyes on the future. Things are tough for me right now but I know I am tougher and will get through this. Soon I will be able to share with you that I have found a good job and am moving into my own place again.

In other news, my brother met with the neurosurgeon today for his surgery consultation.
Since I have 3 brothers I will call this one Fathead (a childhood nickname for him lol). Fathead has had a back disease since we were kids called Scheurmann’s disease. Here is a link telling more about it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002220/ He used to have to wear a back brace and do physical therapy, amongst other things. About a month ago Fathead woke up with severe back pain. After a fun adventure at the Emergency Room, CAT scan and other tests the Doctor diagnosed him with three bulging discs in his spine. One of the discs is pressing on his sciatic nerve which is making one of his legs go numb. Needless to say he has not been walking around much. The E.R. doctor recommended surgery, as did the doctor giving a second opinion. So he made an appointment with the neurosurgeon. Regrettably he was not able to get in until after the holidays.

The appointment didn't go as Fathead hope. (Meaning he was not rushed directly to surgery) The surgeon prescribed him an anti-inflammatory, We are going to wait fir ut to build up in his system and see how it affects the problem. Right now Denton is being a little ray of sunshine, reminiscent of a bear in pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment