Monday, December 31, 2012

I'm back

Hey Everyone! I am sure some of you have been wondering why I haven't posted lately. My life got very crazy and I have been just trying to keep up with it all.

Recently my brother, the one I am staying with, injured his back pretty badly and it will require surgery. Due to this injury he has not been able to work. That complicates life when you have a normal 9 to 5 job so especially so when you are self-employed. So I have been going to my brother's shop and helping to keep things running while he is laid up. And if you knew me you would know how funny that is because it's an appliance shop and I am not mechanically incline...like at all. Luckily between the technician working on the fixing stuff and me taking acre of the office we have been able to keep the shop open and making money. If I am honest though it makes more when my brother is there.

I am still unemployed (as an attorney). Right before Christmas I had five job interviews. I won't take the time to list them all but it was all over Missouri. (I am going to take a moment to be thankful I have a good little car that gets awesome gas mileage. I have had issues with my car like it is not running right now but it has always gotten me to where I need to go and back again.) I hope that after the new year I will start hearing back from the jobs. I hope one of them says yes. I honestly don't care which one. I just want to be working again.

At home I am helping out as much as I can. Our dishwasher decided to die about a week ago. I have begun to realize how spoiled I have gotten having a dishwasher. lol I am hoping that it will get fixed soon.

I can't speak for everyone but this Christmas sucked for me. I am trying to maintain a positive attitude and look forward to the future. I feel like though things are sucking right now I think I was meant to be where I am at. I was luckily in a position to be able to help my brother while he is injured. I think 2013 is going to bring good things. Shortly after the new year my brother goes in for his surgery consultation. If it is up to him he will get the surgery the same day (he is tired of being laid up). Realistically the surgery will at least be a week or two out from that. At least we are heading in the right direction.

I decided to following in Dr. Juris' footsteps and working on a list of goals. Not necessarily new years resolutions but thinks I would like to happen over the next few years. I will post that tomorrow. As to my weight-loss, that is at a standstill. Probably have back slid due to the holidays. I am viewing the new year as a new beginning. I will forgive myself and climb back up on that wagon. Until tomorrow my friends. I hope you all have as much hope for the new year as I do. And be safe tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment